Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blog Spotlight: Maj. Gen. Giano

Today's blog spotlight is on our CO, Major General Guarocuyo Giano:


SL NAME: Guarocuya Giano

MILITARY RANK:  Major General
SQUADRON (S):  HQ, Central Command (CENTCOM)
YOUR POSITION (S) WITH THE TIGERS:
FLYING TIGERS Group Commander

TELL US HOW YOU FIRST BECOME INVOLVED WITH THE TIGERS:
My buddies and I used to fly at 1944 and also at the old Wilder sims. We watched each others' six and a strong bond of brotherhood emerged. Being a veteran and former club biker in rl, I felt it would make sense to organize a group which distinguished us from the rest and demonstrated our loyalty to each other and to our group. So in 2008, along with three other friends, I founded the Flying Tigers because I had read Sonny Barger's book, "Hells Angel" and understood what Sonny meant about brotherhood and loyalty and how the biker club got its name. Having read about the RL Flying Tigers distinguished history, it was obvious to me that I would have volunteered to serve in that unit had I existed back then.  We became famous (or infamous depending on who you talk to) by shooting down just about anything else in the skies.  The legend of the SL Flying Tigers brotherhood was born under fire in aerial combat; fire purifies and we are under constant fire every day. To me there is no stronger bond between humans than those which are forged between brothers in arms.

YOUR FAVORITE PLANE TO FLY:
Jets: F-15 Eagle from NEXGEN (Single seat), NEXGEN JAS-39, NEXGEN  A-10
WW2:  NEXGEN P-51, NEXGEN P-40 (sqdn issue), THI, KUROE, E&I

Helicopter: Spijkers EC 635, UH 72 Lakota

IF YOU COULD INVITE ANYONE FROM REAL LIFE AVIATION INTO SECOND LIFE, WHO WOULD IT BE?   WHY?
Sir Richard Branson, f
or his vision, courage and innovation.
Sonny Barger (founder of the Hells Angels MC) to teach about loyalty.

BESIDES LOVING TO FLY, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN SECOND LIFE? I love to build. I began building space ships and sci fi stuff shortly after joining sl in 2007 a friend (Rogue Harsley) taught me how to get off the ground. I began dogfighting in space ships, then looking for a place to game I came across 1944 where there was lots of dogfighting going on back in those days.

Being a pilot In SL, I have flown and collected just about every builder out there (and still do) and although some are more realistic than others, I enjoy flying them all.

I began to build ww2 because the planes that I wanted to fly did not exist. When I approached some of the existing builders at the time with requests for this paint scheme or airplane or another I was flat out rejected.  So I decided that if I wanted to fly a Flying Tigers p-40 I would have to build it myself and that is how I got started building ww2 and modern airplanes.

Now I prefer to fly airplanes that have a more realistic feel. I am former USARMY Air Cav (67YCrew Chief), USAAF ATC/OPS and USNAVY (Line Plane Captain) and have had 20 years of rl aviation experience as a crew chief and plane captain.  Although SL cannot duplicate the exact physics of a RL aircraft, it does allow fair "imitation" and some builders, such as THI and even some EG (civilian) really come close.  Others are extreme UFO's.  That being said, I enjoy flying them all as long as its a level playing field.  My favorite planes are rated "B" class which allow realism and gaming but are not too extreme in either direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment